You can browse all files available for download, including binary packages, at
QXGEdit Files on SourceForge.net.
2017-04-27 - Pre-LAC2017 release frenzy.
- Added French man page (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
- Added one decimal digit to the randomize percentage input
spin-boxes on the General Options dialog.
- Make builds reproducible byte for byte, by getting rid of
the configure build date and time stamps.
2016-11-14 - A Fall'16 release.
- Fixed a potential crash on the singleton/unique application
- MIDI RPN/NRPN running status and RPN NULL reset command
are now supported (input only).
- Almost complete overhaul on the configure script command
line options, wrt. installation directories specification,
eg. --prefix, --bindir, --libdir, --datadir and --mandir.
- Remove extra 'Keywords' entry and fix spelling (patches by
Jaromír Mikeš, thanks).
2016-09-14 - End of Summer'16 release.
- Dropped the --enable-qt5 from configure as found redundant
given that's the build default anyway (suggestion by Guido
Scholz, while for Qtractor, thanks).
2016-04-05 - Spring'16 release frenzy
- Prevent x11extras module from use on non-X11/Unix plaforms.
- French (fr) translations update (by Olivier Humbert, thanks).
- Fixed port on MIDI 14-bit controllers input caching.
2015-09-21 - Summer'15 release frenzy
- Single/unique application instance control adapted to Qt5/X11.
- Prefer Qt5 over Qt4 by default with configure script.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- A new top-level widget window geometry state save and restore
sub-routine is now in effect.
- Added "Keywords" to desktop file; fix passing debian flags on
configure (patches by Jaromír Mikeš, thanks).
- Fixed for some strict tests for Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Added application description as freedesktop.org's AppData.
2015-03-04 - Fifth public release.
- In a glance, all GUI toolbox pages converted into tabs.
- Introducing a brand new user preference on eye-candy: cf.
View/Options.../Display/Widget style theme.
- Most graphics now rendered with anti-aliased lines.
- A man page has beed added.
- Allow the build system to include an user specified LDFLAGS.
- Fix port origin on MIDI RPN/NRPN 14-bit controllers input.
2013-12-31 - A fifth of a Jubilee.
- A potential memory override crash-bug was flagged by gcc 4.8,
on something like 'iteration 16u invokes undefined behavior
[-Waggressive-loop-optimizations]' and then finally fixed.
- More preparations for Qt5 configure build.
- Primeval support for MIDI RPN/NRPN 14-bit controllers input.
- Fixed an incremental value stickiness, which were affecting
some parameters step changes from up/down spin-box widgets
(eg. Master Tune).
- Preparations for Qt5 migration.
- Skulpture style plugin is now deployed to a rather standard
location on install (default: PREFIX/qt4/plugins/styles).
- Uservoice name preset drop-down list is now sorted.
- MIDI note names and their respective octave numbers are now
compliant with the ISO standard where middle C (60) is now C4
- Added include to shut up gcc 4.7 build failures.
- Make(ing) -jN parallel builds now available for the masses.
- Updated to recent Skulpture style version 2.4.0.
- Fixed Makefile.in handling of installation directories to the
configure script eg. --datadir.
2011-09-17 - Third public release.
- Make sure Uservoice elements are selected only when available.
- Debugging stacktrace now applies to all working threads.
- libX11 is now being added explicitly to the build link phase,
as seen necessary on some bleeding-edge distros eg. Fedora 13,
- Moving from old deprecated Qt3'ish custom event post handling
into regular asynchronous signal/slot strategy.
- General standard dialog buttons layout is now in place.
2010-04-21 - Second public release.
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has
been slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to
wrong main widget hidden state.
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Make build compilation work for gcc >= 4.4.0, by adding some
missing standard C99 includes.
- LADISH Level 1 support has been added: SIGUSR1 signal trap
just makes it a shortcut to File/Save.
- Uservoice (QS300) AmpEG Attack, Decay Level 1 and 2 parameters
now have a bit cleaner, clearer out-of-the-box default values.
- Uservoice (QS300) preset combo-box drop-down list now gets its
current item selection set alright.
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to
disk when Options dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Variation part parameter is now a drop-down combo-box.
- New reset button for reverb, chorus and variation parameters.
- Randomization of all current vparameter values is now available,
allowing for great experimentation and exploration of brand new
sound settings (just try View/Randomize).
- All graphics lines are now slightly gray colored, instead of plain
black or white, or whatever the current theme text color.
- Added user confirmation for QS300 user voice preset replacement;
preset files are not deleted from file-system anymore.
2009-09-19 - First public release.
This project's Git repository can be checked out through
anonymous (http) access with the following instructions:
git clone http://git.code.sf.net/p/qxgedit/code qxgedit-git
You then need to prepare the
configure script on the just created
qxgedit-git source directory:
make -f Makefile.git
Hopefully, you'll be now with a proper source tree, ready for build.
For quite some time there are alternate Git repositories which are kept
in sync with the above sf.net one:
However, this doesn't mean that the QXGEdit
project is about to migrate to brand new hosting whatsoever: the original upstream
source code repository is, will be, as ever was, always kept somewhere else still
in this world and universe.